Slatt Undergraduate - APPLY NOW
The Vincent P. Slatt Fellowships for Undergraduate Research in Energy Systems and Processes are awarded annually to undergraduate students at the University of Notre Dame who are interested in conducting energy-related research in the areas of energy technologies and America’s energy future. Energy technologies can range from a means to improving the use of fossil, nuclear, and alternative energy sources for power or fuels production to the development of more efficient transportation and energy utilization systems. Research projects should focus on creating better energy systems and devices or strengthening America’s energy future through the development of policies and infrastructure to support new technologies.
Approximately 13 awards will be made up to $5,000 per student and may be used for stipends, research supplies, or travel for students to present their research at a national conference or meeting. Interested students should submit an online application in cooperation with their faculty advisor, and a separate supporting application should be submitted by the faculty advisor. The role of the faculty advisor is to help the student articulate the goals of the research project and to guide and direct the student in pursuit of solving major energy issues through research and analytical study.
- Applications accepted February 1-28
- Notifications sent mid-March
- Funding available early May
- Students present their research July/August or April/May
- Students submit their final reports late August or April
Student applications require the following information: APPLY HERE
- Project title
- Brief statement describing the student's career objectives and how the student's role in this research will help him/her achieve his/her career goals
- Copy of the student's resume and his/her unofficial transcripts
- Project description with major research objectives and a list of primary tasks associated with each objective
Supporting applications require the following information: APPLY HERE
- Relevance of the project to the ND Energy mission
- Project period (summer months are optimal, yet projects may begin or continue into the fall and spring semesters)
- Desired fellowship amount*
- Letter of recommendation, including the importance of the research project to the energy landscape at Notre Dame and the strengths the student will bring to the project
*The student earnings ceiling from the Office of Financial Aid may be helpful to determine the stipend amount.
ATLANTA UNIVERSITY CENTER CONSORTIUM
Undergraduate students from the Atlanta University Center Consortium interested in applying for a Slatt Fellowship to conduct energy-related research during the summer at Notre Dame should complete a separate application. Only sophomore and junior students are eligible to apply. For more information, view the Program Guidelines here or go directly to the online application and apply.
For more information, contact Barbara Villarosa at 574-631-4776 or email@example.com.