The Patrick and Jana Eilers Graduate Student Fellowship for Energy Related Research provides funding for graduate students who are working on existing or new energy-related research projects at Notre Dame. Awards are used for student stipends. Students interested in applying for an Eilers award complete an online application in cooperation with their faculty advisors.
- Applications accepted in October
- Notifications made in November
- Funding available in January
Students submit an online application with the following information:
- Project title and brief abstract or summary of work
- Project objectives
- Specific role of the student in achieving project objectives
- Student’s career objectives
- Supplemental Documents: CV, undergraduate and graduate transcripts
STUDENTS APPLY HERE
Faculty advisors complete an online supporting application with the following information:
- Relevance of the project to the ND Energy mission
- Funding source(s) for graduate student since arriving to Notre Dame
- Current/previous funding provided by ND Energy (last 3 years)
- Current/previous funding provided by external agencies (last 3 years)
- Desired fellowship amount
- Letter of recommendation
FACULTY ADVISORS COMPLETE HERE
For more information, contact Barbara Villarosa at 574-631-4776 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2012, the Eilers Graduate Student Fellowship for Energy Related Research has been made possible through the generosity of Patrick (ND ’90) and Jana Eilers. Funding for the Eilers fellowship is also provided by The Fitzpatrick Endowment for Excellence for the Center for Energy, est. 2008 by Edward Fitzpatrick, Jr. ('54), and The Michael A. O'Sullivan Endowment for Excellence in Energy Research, est. 2014 by Michael A. O'Sullivan ('82).