The Patrick and Jana Eilers Graduate Student Fellowship for Energy Related Research provides funding for graduate students who are working on existing or new energy-related research projects at the University of Notre Dame with ND Energy affiliated faculty or faculty who are willing to become affiliated.
Approximately 4-6 awards are made annually between $4,000 to $10,000 each. Awards are used to support student stipends.
Students interested in applying for an Eilers fellowship will complete an online application in collaboration with their faculty advisors who will also complete an online supporting application.
Important Dates for 2019 Awards
- Applications accepted October 1-31, 2018
- Notifications made by November 30, 2018
- Awards made in January 2019 for spring 2019, summer 2019, and fall 2019 funding periods
- Final reports due to ND Energy in May, August, and December
Students submitting an application will include the following information:
- Project Title
- Project Scope
- Statement of Career Objectives
- CV and Transcripts
- STUDENTS APPLY HERE (the application process will reopen in October 2019)
Faculty submitting an application on behalf of the student will include the following information:
- Project Relevance to ND Energy's Mission
- Projected Funding Period (spring, summer, fall 2019)
- Award Request
- Recommendation Letter
- FACULTY APPLY HERE (the application process will reopen in October 2019)
For more information, contact Barbara Villarosa at 574-631-4776 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2012, the Eilers Graduate Student Fellowship for Energy Related Research has been made possible through the generosity of Patrick (ND ’90) and Jana Eilers. Funding for the Eilers fellowship is also provided by The Fitzpatrick Endowment for Excellence for the Center for Energy, est. 2008 by Edward Fitzpatrick, Jr. ('54), and The Michael A. O'Sullivan Endowment for Excellence in Energy Research, est. 2014 by Michael A. O'Sullivan ('82).