2020 Research Symposium Registration
We are pleased to announce the virtual 3rd annual ND Energy Research Symposium on November 12-13, 2020. The symposium will begin on Thursday with invited talks from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m., followed by a panel discussion with Notre Dame faculty from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event will resume on Friday with more invited talks from 1:00 to 3:45 p.m., followed by a poster session from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Since 2018, ND Energy has hosted an annual research symposium for the purpose of bringing together researchers, scholars, students, and sustainability professionals from academia, industry, and government to discuss some of the greatest challenges and opportunities in sustainable energy research and development facing the world today.
This year's theme -- Waste-to-Energy: Reimagining the Possibilities -- will bring together research experts and industry leaders from Columbia University, University of Michigan, McMaster University, Purdue University, LanzaTech, and Brightmark Energy to talk about current initiatives in the following areas:
- Addressing waste carbon resources and technology
- Capturing CO2 and converting it into value-added materials using renewable energy
- Harvesting excess heat from the community for redistribution
- Using industrial symbiosis at the small-scale to increase communities’ sustainability and well-being
- Upcycling plastic waste into useful products
- Using technology to manage plastic waste and turn it into useful products
The registration form is now closed. Please contact Barbara Villarosa for the Zoom links to join. We welcome the entire Notre Dame community and general public!