Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
109 Hessert Aerospace Research Center
Research Professor, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Dr.Sc., Joint Institute for High Temperature, Physics and Mathematics
Ph.D., Baltic State University
M.S., Moscow State University
Prof. Leonov’s research is focused on low-temperature plasmas and applications; electrical discharges generation and diagnostics; plasma-assisted combustion and flow control; and aerothermodynamics.
Low-temperature plasmas, electrical discharges, flow control, aerothermodynamics
Relevant Energy Publications
- Efimov, A. V., A. A. Firsov, N. S. Kolosov, and S. B. Leonov. "Characterization of electric discharge collocated with gas jet in supersonic airflow." Plasma Sources Science and Technology 29, no. 7 (2020): 07LT01.
- Moralev, Ivan, Pavel Kazanskii, Valentin Bityurin, Alexey Bocharov, Alexander Firsov, Eugenii Dolgov, and Sergey Leonov. "Gas dynamics of the pulsed electric arc in the transversal magnetic field." Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 53, no. 42 (2020): 425203.
- Lax, Philip A., and Sergey B. Leonov. "Semiempirical Model for Homogeneous Nitrogen Condensation in Hypersonic Wind Tunnels." AIAA Journal 58, no. 11 (2020): 4807-4818.
- Leonov, Sergey B., Igor V. Adamovich, and Victor R. Soloviev. "Dynamics of near-surface electric discharges and mechanisms of their interaction with the airflow." Plasma Sources Science and Technology 25, no. 6 (2016): 063001.
- Houpt, Alec W., and Sergey B. Leonov. "Charge transfer in constricted form of surface barrier discharge at atmospheric pressure." Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer 31, no. 1 (2017): 145-153.