Barbara A. Villarosa
Business and Communications Program Director
115 Stinson-Remick Hall
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Barbara Villarosa joined the Center for Sustainable Energy at Notre Dame (ND Energy) in November 2006 as the Business and Communications Program Director. She has been a member of the Notre Dame family since October 2001, serving in various capacities within the Office of Human Resources, the Office of the Vice President for Graduate Studies and Research, and the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. Previous to Notre Dame, she spent over 15 years in healthcare administration, working with senior executives at both Beacon Health System (Indiana) and Trinity Health (Michigan). Throughout her career, Barbara has demonstrated expertise in program management and research administration, budget and financial planning, marketing and communications, and conference planning and organization. Barbara received her Bachelor of Science in Management and Administration from Indiana University, South Bend. She also completed the following certificate programs at the University of Notre Dame: Project Management, Leading with Impact, Frontline Supervision, and Research Administration, as well as the Fundamentals of Sponsored Projects Administration through the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA).
Barbara's current responsibilities with ND Energy include the following:
- Provide proposal preparation, project management, and other research support services.
- Manage undergraduate and graduate student research fellowships and program guidelines.
- Organize conferences, seminars, and other major events to advance research and business development.
- Direct all communications and content for news releases, annual reports, website, social media, and marketing materials to promote programs and services.
- Oversee office operations and manage annual budget and spending accounts.