ND Energy congratulates Dr. Jason Hicks on this prestigious award.
Twenty University of Notre Dame faculty members have received Rev. Edmund P. Joyce, C.S.C., Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, and three have been honored with Dockweiler Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising.
The awards are presented by the Office of the Provost, and the recipients are selected through a process that includes peer and student nominations.
The Joyce Awards, established in 2007, are supported by a gift from the late Father Joyce’s classmates of Notre Dame’s Class of 1937. They honor faculty members who have had a profound influence on undergraduate students through sustained exemplary teaching, and, in particular, recognize professors who create environments that stimulate significant student learning, elevate students to a new level of intellectual engagement and foster students’ ability to express themselves effectively within their disciplines.
The Joyce Award recipients for the 2016-2017 academic year are:
- Corey Angst, IT, analytics and operations
- Wendy Angst, management and organization
- Robert Battalio, finance
- Diogo Bolster, civil and environmental engineering and earth sciences
- Patricia Champion, biological sciences
- John Deak, history
- Antonio Delgado, physics
- Kirk Doran, economics
- Sam Evens, mathematics
- David Galvin, mathematics
- Hong Guo, IT, analytics and operations
- Jason Hicks, chemical and biomolecular engineering
- Alan Huebner, applied computational mathematics and statistics
- Edward Hums, accountancy
- Tara MacLeod, Irish language and literature
- Susannah Monta, English
- Scott Morris, aerospace and mechanical engineering
- Christian Poellabauer, computer science and engineering
- Robin Rhodes, art, art history and design
- James Schmiedeler, aerospace and mechanical engineering
The Dockweiler Awards, also established in 2007 with a gift from the Julia Stearns Dockweiler Charitable Foundation, recognize faculty or staff members who have demonstrated a sustained commitment to Notre Dame undergraduates through outstanding mentoring, academic advising or career counseling services.
The Dockweiler Award winners for the 2016-2017 academic year are:
- Jennifer Fox, First Year of Studies, Dean’s Office
- Vicki Douillet Toumayan, College of Arts and Letters, Dean’s Office
- David Veselik, biological sciences
Contact: Sue Penrod, Office of the Provost, 574-631-7242, email@example.com
Originally published by news.nd.edu on May 15, 2017.at