The Forgash Fellowship for Solar Energy Research provides support to an undergraduate or graduate student at Notre Dame who is interested in solar energy collection/conversion technologies through research and development at Notre Dame. The annual award of $2,000 may be used to support the student's stipend, purchase research supplies, or travel for the student to present his/her research at a national conference or meeting. Applications are accepted each year in October. Students interested in applying for the fellowship must complete an online application in cooperation with his/her faculty advisor.
- Announcement sent in September.
- Applications accepted in October.
- Notifications made in November.
- Funding available in January.
Student applications will be submitted online and will require the following information:
- Project title, brief abstract or summary of work
- Major project objectives
- Specific role of the student in achieving project objectives
- Student's career objectives
- Supplemental Documents: CV and transcripts
Faculty supporting applications will be submitted online and will require the following information:
- Relevance of the project to the ND Energy mission
- Funding from ND Energy (last three years)
- Funding from external agencies (last three years)
- Letter of recommendation
For more information, contact Barbara Villarosa at 574-631-4776 or firstname.lastname@example.org.