Forgash Undergraduate or Graduate
The Forgash Fellowship for Solar Energy Research provides support to an undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Notre Dame who is interested in solar energy collection/conversion technologies through research and development with an ND Energy affiliated faculty member or faculty who are willing to become affiliated.
The annual award of $5,000 can be used to support the student's stipend, supplies, travel for the student to present his/her research at a national conference or meeting, and if applicable, summer housing and meals.
Students interested in applying for the fellowship will complete an online application in cooperation with their faculty advisors who will also complete an online supporting application.
Important Dates for 2019 Award
- Applications accepted October 1-31, 2018
- Notifications made by November 30, 2018
- Award made in January for spring 2019, summer 2019, and fall 2019 funding periods
- Opportunities for student to present his/her research on campus are held in May, July, and October
- Final report is due to ND Energy in April, August, or December
Students submitting an application will include the following information:
- Project Title
- Project Scope
- Brief Statement of Career Objectives
- Resume and Unofficial or Official Transcripts
- STUDENTS APPLY HERE (the application process will reopen in October 2019)
Faculty advisors submitting an application on behalf of the student will include the following information:
- Project Relevance to ND Energy's mission
- Project Funding Period (spring, summer, fall 2019)
- Recommendation Letter
- FACULTY APPLY HERE (the application process will reopen in October 2019)
For more information, contact Barbara Villarosa at 574-631-4776 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2009, the Forgash Fellowship for Solar Energy Research has been made possible through the generosity of John (ND ‘00) and Karla Forgash.