The Forgash Fellowship for Solar Energy Research provides support to an undergraduate or graduate student at Notre Dame who is interested in solar energy collection/conversion technologies through research and development at Notre Dame. The annual award of $2,500 may be used for the student's stipend, research supplies, or travel for the student to present his/her research at a national conference or meeting. Students interested in applying for the fellowship complete an online application in cooperation with their faculty advisors.
- Applications accepted in October
- Notifications made in November
- Funding available in January
Students submit an online application with the following information:
- Project title, brief abstract or summary of work
- Major project objectives
- Specific role of the student in achieving project objectives
- Student's career objectives
- Supplemental Documents: CV and transcripts
STUDENTS APPLY HERE
Faculty advisors complete an online supporting application with the following information:
- Relevance of the project to the ND Energy mission
- Funding from ND Energy (last three years)
- Funding from external agencies (last three years)
- Letter of recommendation
FACULTY ADVISORS COMPLETE HERE
For more information, contact Barbara Villarosa at 574-631-4776 or email@example.com.
Since 2009, the Forgash Fellowship for Solar Energy Research has been made possible through the generosity of John (ND ‘00) and Karla Forgash.