2020 Energy Week
Join us for the 14th annual Notre Dame Energy Week – August 23-28 – featuring aspiring, futuristic conversations and events to help us contemplate our own radical paths forward. We cannot allow the challenges of 2020 to pull us down, but rather, we must strive to use our talents to make a difference.
During Energy Week, we encourage you to consider your path and purpose and take steps to personally move the world in a better direction.
- Dorms and off-campus residences are invited to participate in a digital messaging contest and create a visual advertisement of what environmental justice means to them. Winners will be showcased in various ways throughout the academic year.
- Students, faculty and staff are invited to an exclusive virtual screening of the new documentary 2040 to learn how major improvements to our planet can be made in the next twenty years by employing the best solutions already available to us. Limited tickets are available.
- Students, faculty, staff, alumni and the general public are invited to participate in as many of the following presentations as their schedules allow. These discussions will include time for questions, as well as additional time for students to meet with presenters after each event.
- ND Energy Bouts…Fighting for Renewable Energy
- Notre Dame’s Energy Future…Growing Greener
- It Can’t Be Done…Or Can It?
- The Future of Mobility…Tough Choices Ahead
- The Gift of Solar in Puerto Rico...Philanthropy and Climate Change
Students who attended Energy Week events were eligible to win Domer Dollars. The more events students attended, the higher their chances. We are pleased to announce the following winners:
Adolfo Serbia Ortiz
Registration for each event is required no later than 5:00 p.m. the day of the event. All registrants will receive updates of any changes and a reminder of the event with a Zoom link to join.
Students will also be invited to join a 30-minute breakout session after each presentation. Registration is also required by 5:00 p.m. the day of the event. Registrants will be sent a reminder with a Zoom link to join. To register, visit the Presentations page.
Your participation in Energy Week is more important than ever this year. We hope you will join us for a week long program of learning, listening, inquiring, creating, and doing. The time is now for all of us to be heard and to take action, for it is through your voices and persistence that we will be able to ensure a healthy, prosperous, and resilient future for generations to come.
For more information or to get involved, contact Anne Berges Pillai, Education and Outreach Associate Program Director, at 574-631-9106 or email@example.com.
*Quotes listed here and throughout the Energy Week webpages were taken from addresses made by Pope Francis, head of the Catholic Church and sovereign of the Vatican City State, to oil and gas executives during meetings at the Vatican in June 2018 and June 2019, organized by the University of Notre Dame. For more information, view the 2018 and 2019 transcripts.