Dr. Yongsheng Chen joined School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology in 2009. Dr. Chen has served as principal and co-principal investigator on grants totaling about $10 million. He has also published more than 100 peer-reviewed journal papers.
- Ph.D., Environmental Chemistry, Nankai University, 1995
- M.S., Environmental Chemistry, Nankai University, 1992
- B.S.E., Chemical Engineering, Northern China Institute of Technology, 1986
- The potential environmental applications of nanotechnology, including synthesizing novel nanomaterials for removal of contaminants from different media and monitoring environmental pollutants
- Environmental implications of nanotechnology addressing potentially adverse impacts of nanomaterials, especially the fate, transport, transformation, bioaccumulation, and toxicity of nanomaterials in the environment
- Urban sustainability, including water/energy use efficiency and sustainable biofuels, focusing on algae related biofuel downstream issues
Seminar Sponsored by the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering & Earth Sciences