The second annual Colleges of Science and Engineering Joint Annual Meeting (COSE-JAM) for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows will be held from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, 2018, in Jordan Hall of Science.
COSE-JAM highlights the achievements of graduate students and postdoctoral trainees. The event helps them foster interdisciplinary research and interactions, develop presentation and mentoring skills, and obtain advice on career development.
This all-day event consists of morning podium presentations, a lunchtime question-and-answer session with the associate director of the office of postdoctoral scholars and multiple directors of graduate studies from both colleges, and is followed by an afternoon poster session and concurrent social reception.
Most events will take place in the galleria unless otherwise noted.
For details about all the presentations, see the 2018 Abstract Booklet.
- 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Oral sessions, Rooms 101 and 105, and continental breakfast
- 12 p.m. -1:30 p.m.: Lunch
- 12:35 p.m. – 1:20 p.m.: Panel discussion on STEM careers, Room 101
- 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Poster session and refreshments
- 3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Social reception