If great research happens, but no one reads the results, does it make an impact?
The competitive nature of scientific publishing is impossible to ignore. That’s why it is vital for new researchers to gain the skills to increase their manuscripts' chances of success.
ACS Publications presents "Mastering the Art of Scientific Publication: The Webinar Series."
In the first two webinars of the series, Professor Prashant Kamat, Deputy Editor of The Journal of Physical Chemistry , and Professor Jillian Buriak, Editor-in-Chief of Chemistry of Materials, will present tips on effective manuscript preparation, from creating a figure-based outline, to testing your ToC graphics, to why the experimental section is the key to the longevity of your research. Don't miss this opportunity to gain helpful insight from the Editors of some of most highly cited, highest impact ACS journals.
Registration is free!
View the schedule and register today to save the dates.
Mastering the Art of Scientific Publication - Preparing Your Manuscript: Part 1
Feb. 11, 2015 at 8:00 am PST / 9:00 am MST / 11:00 am EST / 16:00 GMT
Key Learning Objectives for Part 1
- Getting ready and creating a figure-based outline
- Identifying key points of the research theme
- Tips to compose an attractive title
- Writing an effective abstract
- Telling a scientific story with your own compelling thoughts
Mastering the Art of Scientific Publication - Preparing Your Manuscript: Part 2
Mar 4, 2015 at 8:00 am PST / 9:00 am MST / 11:00 am EST / 16:00 GMT
Key Learning Objectives for Part 2:
- Four tests for your ToC image
- Maximizing the longevity of your research
- Common graphical errors and how to correct them
- How to decide what citations to include