Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
368 Fitzpatrick Hall of Engineering
Emeritus Professor, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D., Fluid Mechanics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India
Prof. Sen's primary research interests are in building energy consumption, thermal control and thermal measurements in buildings, and Stirling machines.
Building and Energy Consumption, Building Energy, Buildings Thermal, Energy Efficiency and Consumption, Stirling Machine
Relevant Energy Publications
- Subudhi, Sudhakar; Sen, Mihir; “Review of Ranque-Hilsch vortex tube experiments using air,” Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol: 52, Pages: 172-178, Published: DEC 2015.
- Feeley, Matthew; Sen, Mihir, Semperlotti, Fabio; “Remote sensing and reconstruction of thermal transients in a one-dimensional solid rod using thermoelastic waves,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol: 116, Issue: 24, Article Number: 244903, Published: DEC 28, 2014.
- McFarlane, Patrick; Suire, Jonathan; Sen, Mihir; et al.; “Experiments with a pressure-driven Stirling refrigerator with flexible chambers,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol: 115, Issue: 24, Article Number: 244510, Published: JUN 28, 2014.
- Barron, Miguel A., Sen, Mihir; “Synchronization of temperature oscillations in heated plates with hysteretic on-off control,” Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol: 65, Issue: 1-2, Pages: 337-342, Published: APR 2014.
- Semperlotti, Fabio, Sen, Mihir; “On the existence of motion-induced heat flux due to thermoelastic waves in a one-dimensional solid rod,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol: 104, Issue: 10, Article Number: 104103, Published: MAR 10, 2014.