147 Stepan Chemistry Hall
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Anna Matzner joined the Center for Sustainable Energy at Notre Dame (ND Energy) in 2019 as a Laboratory Specialist for the Materials Characterization Facility (MCF).
Anna studied chemistry at the University of Louisville where she gained valuable research experience in electrochemical and single crystal X-Ray analysis. Upon graduating with a B.S. in Chemistry in 2014, she worked as an analytical chemist, pursuing opportunities in quality control in the beverage, flavor and fragrance industries. She also gained unique experiences working in the power generation industry, performing metallurgical analysis of power plant components, as well as coal analysis.
Anna’s current responsibilities with ND Energy include the following:
- Operation, maintenance and calibration of instruments under the stewardship of the MCF and within the Burns research group
- Training and support of MCF researchers
- Conducting analyses and preparing reports for external customers
- Procurement of supplies and organization of laboratory resources
- Administrative functions within the CORES billing system