Office: 371 Fitzpatrick Hall of Engineering
Assistant Professor, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D, Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University
B.S., Energy and Power Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
My current interest in energy research ranges from the thermal management of energy devices, such as photovoltaics and thermoelectrics, to improving the energy conversion efficiency achievable by understanding the fundamental carrier physics.
Thermal Transport, Phonon, Thermoelectrics, Heat Transfer, Energy Conversion, Nanoscale, Water Treatment, Desalination
Relevant Energy Publications
- Z. Guo, D. Lee, J. Strzalka, H. Gao, L. Huang, Ali M. Khounsary, T. Luo*, Thermal Conductivity of Organic Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cell: Unusual Binary Mixing Effect, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 10.1039/C4CP04099F (2014) (IF: 4.198).
- Guo, D. Lee; R. Schaller, X. Zuo; B. Lee, T. Luo, H. Gao and L. Huang*, Relationship between Interchain Interaction, Exciton Delocalization, and Charge Separation in Low-bandgap Copolymer Blends, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 136, 10024 (2014) (IF: 11.444).
- F. Sun#, T. Zhang#, M. M. Jobbins, Z. Guo, X. Zhang, Z. Zheng, D. Tang, S. Ptasinska, T. Luo*, Molecular Bridge for Significantly Enhanced Thermal Transport across Hard-Soft Material Interfaces, online, Advanced Materials, DOI:10.1002/adma.201400954 (2014) (IF: 15.409).
- Z. Guo#, D. Lee#, Y. Liu, F. Sun, A. Sliwinski, H. Gao, B. Peter, T. Luo*, Tuning the Thermal Conductivity of Solar Cell Polymers through Side Chain Engineering, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 16, 7764 - 7771 (2014) (IF: 4.198).
- D. Rish, S. Luo, B. Kurtz, and T. Luo*, Exceptional Ion Rejection Ability of Directional Solvent for Non-Membrane Desalination, Applied Physics Letters, 104, 024102 (2014) (IF: 3.515).