Office: 368 Fitzpatrick Hall of Engineering
Professor, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D., Fluid Mechanics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India
Dr. Sen's primary research interests are in building energy consumption, thermal control and thermal measurements in buildings, and Stirling machines.
Buildings Thermal, Building Energy, Stirling Machine
Relevant Energy Publications
- Experiments with a pressure-driven Stirling refrigerator with ﬂexible chambers, P. McFarlane, J. Suire, M. Sen, and F. Semperlotti, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 115, Article No. 244510, 2014.
- Synchronization of temperature oscillations in heated plates with hysteretic on-oﬀ control, M.A. Barron and M. Sen, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 65, Nos. 1–2, pp. 337–342, 2014.
- Mathematical model of an air-ﬁlled alpha Stirling refrigerator, P. McFarlane, F. Semperlotti and M. Sen, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 114, Article No. 144508, 2013.
- Effect of walls on synchronization of thermostatic room-temperature oscillations, M. Sen, Journal of the Mexican Society of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 81–88, 2012.
- Dynamic simulation of an ammonia-water absorption refrigeration system, W. Cai, M. Sen and S. Paolucci, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Vol. 51, pp. 2070-2076, 2012.