Harindra Joe Fernando
Office: 311D Cushing Hall of Engineering
Wayne and Diana Murdy Endowed Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering & Earth Sciences
Wayne and Diana Murdy Endowed Professor, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University
M.S., Geophysical Fluid Dynamics, John Hopkins University
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Sri Lanka
I am conducting research on complex terrain flows, and more recently have focused on wind turbine siting.
Complex Terrain, Winds
Relevant Energy Publications
- Liberzon, D. and Fernando, H.J.S., Pressure distribution in confined jet flow, Journal of Fluids Engineering – Transactions of the ASME, 136 (3), Article Number: 031202, 2014.
- Nath, C., Voropayev, S., Lord, D. and Fernando, H.J.S., “Offset Turbulent Jets in Low-aspect Ratio Cavities,” Journal of Fluids Engineering – Transactions of the ASME, 136 Issue 6 Article Number: 060911, 2014.
- Dimitrova, R., Pol, S., Webb, S, and Fernando, H.J.S., "Simulations of double-diffusive convection in narrow container" Journal of Engineering and Computational Mechanics Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, 165(2), 131-145 [doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/eacm.10.00027], 2012.
- Fernando, H.J.S., Johnstone, H. and Zangrando F., “Interfacial Mixing by Turbulent Buoyant Jets,” Journal of Hydraulics Engineering, 117(1), 1-20, 1990.
- Zangrando, F. and Fernando, H.J.S., “A Predictive Model for the Erosion of Thermohaline Interfaces,” ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, 113, 59-65, 1991.