Office: 210 Stinson Remick Hall
Research Professor, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Sc.D., Chemical Physics, Institute of Structural Macrokinetics, Russian Academy of Sciences
Ph.D., Chemical Physics, Institute of Chemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences
M.S., Plasma Physics, Moscow Physical Engineering Institute, Russia
Current scientific interest is primarily related to nanotechnology, high energy density materials, joining of refractory and dissimilar materials, as well as catalysis. Dr. Mukasyan is the author of 4 books, 9 invited reviews and more than 200 research publications in archive journals and patent letters in the fields of engineering of advanced materials and heterogeneous combustion.
Nanomaterials, High Energy Density Materials, Microgravity, Heterogeneous Combustion, Reactive Joining, Hydrogen
Relevant Energy Publications
- The Effect of Silicon Powder Characteristics on the Combustion of Silicon/Teflon/Viton Nano-energetics, J. Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics, 39, 337 – 347 (2014).
- In-situ XAS and FTIR studies of a multi-component Ni/Fe/Cu catalyst for hydrogen production from ethanol, Applied Catalysis A: General; 467 593-603 (2013).
- Photoactive Porous Silicon Nanopowder, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 5 (8), 2943-2951 (2013).
- Perovskite-based catalysts for direct methanol fuel cells, J. Phys. Chem. C., 111(26), 9573 – 9582 (2007).
- Hydrogen Storage Capacity Characterization of Carbon Nanotubes by Micro-Gravimetrical Approach, J. Phys. Chem. B., 109 (33), 16011-16016 (2005).