The Forgash Student Fellowship for Solar Energy Research
The Forgash Fellowship provides support to an undergraduate or graduate student who is interested in solar energy collection/conversion technologies through research and development at Notre Dame. Funds may be used for the student's stipend, research supplies, and/or travel for the student to present his/her research at a national conference or meeting. The Forgash Fellowship has been made possible through the generosity of John (ND ‘00) and Karla Forgash since 2009. This program is administered by the Center for Sustainable Energy at Notre Dame (ND Energy). For more information, please contact Barbara Villarosa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the 2017 award will be accepted from November 1-30, 2016. The award is $2,000.
Undergraduate students interested in applying for the Forgash Fellowship must complete the application at the link below. The student's faculty advisor must also complete the supporting application at the link below. The award must be used to support an undergraduate student working on a current or new SOLAR ENERGY research project.
- Applications are due by Wednesday, November 30, 5:00PM.
- Notifications will be made by Friday, December 16.
- Funding will be available in January 2017.
Students will be asked to provide the following information (Student Application):
- Project title, brief abstract or summary of work
- Major project objectives
- Specific role of the student in achieving project objectives
- Student's career objectives
- Supplemental Documents: CV and Unofficial UG Transcript
Faculty advisors will be asked to provide the following information (Faculty Supporting Application):
- Relevance of the project to the ND Energy mission
- Previous funding from ND Energy and external funding agencies (last three years)
- Fellowship amount
- Letter of recommendation
View our current and previous Forgash Scholars here.