Barbara Villarosa joined the Center for Sustainable Energy at Notre Dame (ND Energy) in November 2006 as the Business and Communications Program Director. She has been a member of the Notre Dame family since October 2001, serving in various administrative capacities within the Office of Human Resources, the Office of the Vice President for Graduate Studies and Research, and the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. Previous to Notre Dame, she spent over 15 years in healthcare administration, working with senior executives at both Beacon Health System (Indiana) and Trinity Health (Michigan). Throughout her career, Barbara has demonstrated her expertise in program management and research administration, budget and financial planning, marketing and communications, and conference planning and organization. Barbara received her Bachelor of Science in Management and Administration from Indiana University, South Bend.
Barbara's current responsibilities with ND Energy include the following:
- Oversee office operations and staff to ensure quality performance and positive customer service.
- Manage ND Energy's operating budget and other affiliated accounts for energy-related activities.
- Manage program guidelines and the application and selection processes for student and postdoctoral fellowships.
- Develop and design marketing materials for ND Energy and its Core Research Facility.
- Communicate research, education, and outreach activities through news releases, annual reports, website content, and other formal publications.
- Organize and promote conferences, seminars, and other special events.
- Provide proposal preparation and project management services to ND Energy affiliated faculty and associated researchers to facilitate and grow energy-related research at Notre Dame.